Article 1 (General Provisions)1. The Company shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the guidelines of each ministry and agency and any other related laws, etc., in order to realize protection of User Information.
Article 2 (User Information to be Collected)1. The Company shall collect User Information, including personal information (refers to "Personal Information" defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, Article 2, paragraph 1 and the same shall apply hereinafter) in the Application as provided below.
1) Information to be provided by User
a. Basic Information: User name, E-mail address
User is requested to register and provide such information for account registration, User identification and prevention of unauthorized use.
b. Other Registration Information: Profile photo or any other profile information
In order to create and publish a profile page and to provide services that contain a communication function with other Users, User may register such information at User’s own discretion, and by registration, User shall be deemed to have provided such information to the Company.
2) Information to be collected by the Company at the Time of Use of the Application
a. Terminal Information
The Company may collect information specific to the terminal used by User (individual identification information, etc., including an ID specific to the terminal) for maintenance and improvement of the Application and prevention of unauthorized acts.
b. Log Information and Action History
The Company may collect information such as the IP address that is automatically generated or saved at the time of use of the Application, the date of request from User and operation history in the Application for maintenance and improvement of the Application and prevention of unauthorized acts.
c. Location Information
In order to provide services using information such as User’s present location, the Company may collect location information sent by the smartphone terminal, tablet terminal or any other User information terminal, etc., to the extent necessary to provide the service. User may suspend transmission of location information by changing the settings of the information terminal; however, User may no longer be able to use part of the Application in such an event.
2. In regards to collection of User Information, the Company shall obtain such information by appropriate methods and not by fraud or any other wrongful method. If the Company collects User Information by a method other than the use of the Application by User, the Company shall give prior notice or publish the purpose of use in advance.
Article 3 (Purpose of Use)1. The Company shall properly handle User Information obtained through the use of the Application within the scope of purposes below. The Company shall not use User Information beyond the scope of the purpose of use without User’s consent.
|Purpose of Use||Details of the Purpose of Use||Information to be used|
|Provision of the Application/Notice through a function of the Application||
For User identification in the Application and prevention of unauthorized use
For provision of services in the Application
|Notice and response, etc., to User||
For information regarding the Application and response to inquiries, etc.
|Maintenance and improvement of the Application||For maintenance and improvement of provision of services via the Application, the Company may prepare statistical data processed into a form in which individuals are unidentifiable using the information on the right||
Status of Use
Article 4 (Provision to Third Parties)The Company shall not provide personal information out of User Information to any third party except for the following cases.
1) If User consent was obtained
2) If necessary under the law
4) When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and if it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
5) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promotion of sound development of children, and if obtaining the consent of the person would hinder performance of the business
6) When cooperation is necessary for the person consigned by national agencies or local governments to perform affairs provided for in the law, and if obtaining the consent of the person would hinder performance of the business
7) If succession of the business that contains User’s personal information is made through merger, company split or any other cause
Article 5 (Outsourcing of Handling of Personal Information)The Company may outsource handling of all or part of personal information obtained from User (refers to the case where management of information containing personal information is outsourced to business operators, etc.) to a third party. In such an event, the Company shall enter into a confidentiality agreement with the third party based on content similar to the Policy and shall conduct necessary and appropriate supervision to cause the third party to conduct appropriate safety management of information.
Article 6 (Joint Use)The Company may jointly use User’s personal information with an affiliated partner to the extent necessary to provide affiliated services. In such an event, the Company shall publish the name of affiliated partner, joint use purpose and the kind of information to be jointly used in advance.
Article 7 (Safety Management System)1. For prevention of leakage, loss or damage of User Information and other protection of User Information, the Company shall take necessary and appropriate action for safety management of User Information, including imposing restrictions on access to personal information files, recording of access logs and introduction of security software to prevent unauthorized access.
2. The Company designates the person responsible for the IT department as User Information Manager who conducts appropriate management of User Information and continued improvement.
Article 8 (Disclosure of User Information, etc.)1. Information obtained and managed by the Company through the Application is the same as the profile information and the posted content which can be confirmed by User, and the Company shall not hold new information to be provided to User. User should confirm the information by oneself.
2. A person other than User whose rights are being infringed by User may claim for disclosure of personal information provided to the Company by User in accordance with the following procedures.
1) Please inform us of the desired content using the Company inquiry window provided in Article 10. The Company shall send confirmation matters such as confirmation of identification and status of infringement by e-mail.
2) If the Company holds the sender’s information and determines that the status of infringement which was claimed under the preceding item is malicious and clearly exists, the Company shall conduct hearings of opinions of the sender and shall consider disclosure upon making determination of the requirements for disclosure provided for in the Provider Liability Limitation Act, Article 4, paragraph 1. In the event disclosure is determined, the Company shall disclose personal information to a reasonable extent; except for cases where the Company is not obliged to disclose the information under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other laws or when claims of the same content are repeated without cause.
Article 9 (Change of the Policy)1. The Company shall appropriately review the operation status regarding the handling of User Information and strive for continued improvement and may change the Policy as necessary at any time.
2. The Policy after change shall be published by posting in the Application, on a website operated by the Company or any other method that is easy to understand; provided, however, that if the Company changes content which requires User consent under the law, the Company shall obtain User consent by a method separately determined by the Company.
Article 10 (Inquiries)For opinions, questions, and filing complaints regarding the handling of User Information by the Company or any other inquiry regarding the handling of User Information, please contact the following inquiry window.
Hobonichi Co., Ltd.
Established as of May 17, 2016